I have been in private practice as a psychotherapist since 2007, having trained in Core Process Psychotherapy at the Karuna Institute in the UK. This four-and-a-half year training – as it was then – led to full registration as an accredited psychotherapist with UKCP (the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy), as well as an MA in Psychotherapy.
I have since completed a Certificate in Mindfulness-based Supervision and am a UKCP/HIPC Recognised Training Supervisor (RTS). More information about my supervision practice can be found here.
I was formerly Chair of the Association of Core Process Psychotherapists (ACPP), an Organisational Member of UKCP that is tasked with overseeing and maintaining the ethical standards and supporting the good practice of its registered members.
I have over 15 years’ experience working within the mental health field in the community/charity sector in Bristol. This includes setting up and managing a National Lottery-funded mental health project that provided a range of services for individuals and families needing support, in partnership with Bristol City Council and a number of local charities.
I currently provide supervision for Kinergy, a charity specialising in working with survivors of trauma and sexual abuse.
Since accrediting, I have received additional training in working with pre- and peri-natal process, having attended a number of courses with Matthew Appleton and Jenny Meyer of Conscious Embodiment Trainings over a period of around 4 years.
Other shorter trainings include: building resilience skills, working with anger, difference and diversity, Solutions Focussed work, attachment, sexuality and gender, working with Mythology and the Deep Imagination, Internal Family Systems.
In addition to psychotherapy, I am passionate about theatre and dance and have an ongoing meditation, dance and yoga practice.
Relevant Professional Qualifications/Associations
- MA Psychotherapy (Middlesex, UK)
- Professional Training in Core Process Psychotherapy (Karuna Institute, UK)
- Certificate in Mindfulness-based Supervision (OPAL, UK) (Recognised Training Supervisor)
- BA (Honours Degree) (Psychology) (Rhodes University, South Africa)
- BA (Drama and Psychology) (Rhodes University, South Africa)
- Full membership of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) as an Accredited Core Process Psychotherapist within the Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy College (HIPC) (Registration Number: 2010161288)
- Full membership of the Association of Core Process Psychotherapists (ACPP)
- Full membership of Counsellors and Psychotherapists in Private Practice (CAPPP)
To ensure I am practicing safely and to the best of my ability, I receive regular clinical supervision and attend a number of professional development courses. I feel that this is essential to my practice and growth as a psychotherapist. I am up-to-date on current policies around confidentiality and data protection and am registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). I also hold professional indemnity insurance and abide by the Association of Core Process Psychotherapist’s and UKCP’s ethical codes.