I have been in private practice as a psychotherapist since 2007, having trained in Core Process Psychotherapy at the Karuna Institute in the UK. This four-and-a-half year training led to full registration as an accredited psychotherapist with UKCP (the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy), as well as an MA in Psychotherapy.
I have since completed a Certificate in Mindfulness-based Supervision, a UKCP-recognised training run by OPAL in Bath and am a Recognised Training Supervisor (RTS). More information about my supervision practice can be found here.
I am currently Chair of the Association of Core Process Psychotherapists (ACPP), an Organisational Member of UKCP that is tasked with overseeing and maintaining the ethical standards and supporting the good practice of its registered members.
I have around 15 years’ experience working within the community/charity sector in the mental health field in Bristol. This has included setting up and managing a mental health project that provided a range of services for individuals and families needing support by working in partnership with Bristol City Council, the NHS and a number of smaller local charities. I’ve also provided both individual and group supervision for a charity specialising in working with survivors of trauma and sexual abuse.
Since accrediting, I have received additional training in a number of areas, including but not limited to:
- Building resilience skills,
- Working with conception and birth process (pre- and peri-natal psychology),
- Working with anger,
- Difference and diversity,
- Solutions focussed work,
- Working with attachment,
- Issues around sexuality and gender,
- Working with mythology and the Deep Imagination,
- Internal Family Systems.
In addition to psychotherapy, I am passionate about theatre and dance and have an ongoing meditation, dance and hatha yoga practice.
Relevant Professional Qualifications/Associations
- MA Psychotherapy (Middlesex, UK)
- Professional Training in Core Process Psychotherapy (Karuna Institute, UK)
- Certificate in Mindfulness-based Supervision (OPAL, UK) (Recognised Training Supervisor)
- BA (Honours Degree) (Psychology) (Rhodes University, South Africa)
- BA (Drama and Psychology) (Rhodes University, South Africa)
- Full membership of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) as an Accredited Core Process Psychotherapist within the Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy College (HIPC) (Registration Number: 2010161288)
- Full membership of the Association of Core Process Psychotherapists (ACPP)
- Full membership of Counsellors and Psychotherapists in Private Practice (CAPPP)
To ensure I am practicing safely and to the best of my ability, I receive regular clinical supervision and attend a number of professional development courses. I feel that this is essential to my practice and growth as a psychotherapist. I am up-to-date on current policies around confidentiality and data protection and am registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). I also hold professional indemnity insurance and abide by the Association of Core Process Psychotherapist’s and UKCP’s ethical codes.